Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Moderatilist's Retraction



After new evidence has come to light, it appears as though I may have been hasty in my conclusion that Wendy is from New Jersey. So yes, I retract the recent fallacies that I spouted about Wendy's origins.

Apparently, Wendy is from Detroit. That being said, I believe that my previous comments about the Wendy/New Jersey connection were not that far off. Yes, the geographic regions are different, but is being born out in 8-Mile really that much different than being born in New Jersey? Think about it. The answer is No, it is not that different. Each location has produced musical anomalies such as Eminem and Bon Jovi that I rather enjoy. However, the stigma attached to being born in either of these regions is more or less the same.

I am proud that Wendy was able to overcome adversity and get out of 8-Mile. It would be a shame if her talented viola skills and smart stylings had gone to waste in a stamping plant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being from Detroit means many things. Most importantly, that I am not from Jersey. Secondly, I can kick your boo-lovin' ass any day of the week.

Is it that much better? I say yes, because it's not the DJ. If you haven't figured that out about me, you have a lot to learn, bunny.

Congrats on the job. Sucka it isn't in the 'nati - can't blame you though.